Oven: 180 deg.C (350 deg.) - 45 minutes (approx.)Ingredients:
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1.1/2 cups of plain flour
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour (or 2 cups of SR Four) - sifted
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
5 cups of raw apples - peeled/chopped
1. Blend the first 4 ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the next 5 ingredients - stir well
3. Fold in the apples and spread the batter in your baking tin (9"x13")
4. After 45 minutes, test with a skewer to see if cooked through.
5. Cool, serve and eat :)
The cake/s can also be zapped quickly in the Micro and eaten hot with custard or cream - as a pud :)
Recipe slightly adapted from: "Cakes from Amish & Mennonite Kitchens"
- Pennsylvania Dutch Cookbooks.