Tuesday 28 June 2011

Leftover Cake Cake

I have blogged this recipe before, but it's so useful that I thought I'd blog it again :o)

Ingredients:
approx. 3 cups of  leftover cake (I use home-made fruit cake)  - crumbed in processor or just broken into small bits

then mix together:
2 cups of milk
3 beaten eggs
1/2 cup of demerara sugar - a little less sugar, if cake used is very sweet
pinch of salt

Place the cake pieces in a large mixing bowl.- and pour over the 'custard' mix - mush* down well ...... (*technical term)
If you have added more cake, you may need to add a little more milk.
Pour into a buttered baking dish and pat down well

Bake for at least 30 - 45 mins. at 180/190 deg.C -  until cake is 'set' and looks cooked.  (Sorry I cant be more specific, but it depends on how much cake and liquid you have used,) ................... it's really good and rather like bread pudding.

Chintzy Tea Time
(photo)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh dear. Bread pudding made with cake just sounds too sinfully good.

BeadBag said...

............. Stephy, I'm afraid it is!
Thanks for your comment.