- 3 English or Mediterranean cucumbers
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 2 cups plain yogurt or mix of Greek and Plain Yogurt
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock (cold)
- handful of chopped fresh corriander
- 1 Tbsp. minced dill or mint, plus more for garnish if you like
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
1. Peel, de-seed, and coarsely chop cucumber.
2. Whiz together cucumbers, garlic, stock, corriander (if using) and yogurt in a blender until smooth.
3. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in chicken stock, dill or mint, and pepper. Add salt and little black pepper to taste.
4. Cover and chill until ready to serve
Serve, chilled, garnished with more dill or mint,or fresh corriander - if you fancy :o)
Sour Cream/Creme Fraiche/Fromage Frais can also be added - you can be adventurous with the tastes and texture you like.