1/2 sachet of orange jelly powder
75ml boiling water (2.5 fl.ozs)
50g (2ozs) caster sugar
15g (.5oz.) butter - melted and cooled
60g (2.5ozs.) plain flour
25g (1 oz.) ground almonds
75g (3ozs) milk or dark chocolate
1. Dissolve the jelly pwdr. in the boiling water and top up to 1/4 pt. (150ml) and leave to cool and beginning to set - stir occasionally.
2. Heat oven to 200deg. C (400 F) and place paper cases in 12 hold muffin tin.
3. Beat the egg and sugar together till light and fluffy and add the butter. Fold in the flour and almonds and spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
Bake for 10 mins. until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
4. When jelly is just setting - spoon over the cold cakes and leave to set.
5. Mel the choc. in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water and spoon the melted choc. over the top and leave to solidify.
This recipe is from Home Baking - Biscuits and Cookies by Wendy Hobson.