Thursday 1 September 2016

Natural Remedies - Mint, and Apple Cider Vinegar

Mint:

It would seem that mint is a natural insect repellent.  I usually keep a small jar with some mint in water on my kitchen worktop as I like the smell, and thought maybe it was just coincidence, but it seemed to keep the flies away!  Link here to lots of other uses.

Apple Cider Vinegar:

Reading an article recently, it would seem there are a lot of claims for using Apple Cider Vinegar - amongst other things, helps as an anti-inflammatory and reduces cholesterol.  Apparently it can be taken diluted - I haven't tried this, but I do use a good cider vinegar in my Vinaigrette:

In a screwtop jar ...........
2 tblspns. Apple Cider Vinegar
4-6 tblspns. of olive or sunflower oil
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
salt, black pepper,
clove of crushed garlic
Replace the lid (tightly) and shake well.  
This will store in the fridge almost indefinitely.

No comments: